Wednesday, July 25, 2012

jobs, cookies, and how to find the time.

So my "real job" has gotten into this habit of only scheduling me on the weekends. And by weekend, I mean Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. This is a blessing and a curse. Advantage: I don't face the dreaded "Monday Morning"; Monday is more like my Saturday. Advantage: I can make all those pesky phone calls that you can never make because they're customer service hours are the same exact hours you work. I think they do it on purpose. Disadvantage: I can't hang out with anyone, because I have to work. Disadvantage: I have to take off for everything. I mean everything. Grandma's birthday? I gotta take off. Husband wants to take me out to the movies? I gotta take off. It totally harshes on my spontaneity. But despite all that, I do get some time to do some pretty cool stuff.

Like make these.
The cookies were really yummy, and they were make with cake mix. I want to try these with some other cake mixes, and see what happens.
 
And this.
And this was one of the easiest dinners I have ever made. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, mostly because I didn't have everything, and it still came out delicious. I also threw in some asparagus. If I did it again, I'd love to actually follow it, and throw in some other veggies. A one dish meal that doesn't take long at all. I will totally make this again. And there were plenty of left overs. :)

Today I'm going to knit something, so hopefully there will be some knit things up on this blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment